The K-Stack Dry is designed to be placed on the snare drum or mounted to provide a high pitch stack/hi-hat sound. The Dry is lower pitched and drier than the original. It features a wooden base w/ a track that hugs the rim, a rubber bottom to prevent the base from sliding, holes that allow them to be mounted via a “Wood Block Mount” for use on a standard L-rod, and adjustable tension so you can customize the sound!
It was designed by the incredible percussionist Keita Ogawa, and we are proud to offer them to you!
Maintenance Care and Instructions:
- The Versa Stack and K-Stack have elements made out of raw steel. We apply Paste Wax on the surface of the metal that provides rust and weather protection, however it is not foolproof. Make sure to keep the instrument dry and if it gets wet, dry it immediately.
- It is important that you keep your instrument lubricated periodically. It only requires a bit of WD-40 or acetone to clean off surface imperfections or the beginnings of rust. If rust does develop on the surface, gently try to remove it with a microfiber cloth. If the rust has developed deeper in the metal, I recommend using the Miracle All-purpose Polishing Cloth (found on Amazon). Then use a bit of WD-40 or Paste Wax to protect the exposed steel. CAUTION: using this cloth or any other abrasive rust remover can permanently remove or mar the finish of the instrument. Use lightly and sparingly!
- A low humidity environment is ideal and will prevent corrosion. (If you live in a particularly humid climate, it is important to oil or refinish the steel more frequently.)
- Do not store the Versa Stack/K-Stack zipped in a case for long periods of time as this can trap moisture and increase the risk of rust developing.
- The raw steel we use is very thin and bends easily. You will notice that the metal will morph and change as you play. This is normal. If you are concerned about the bends in the metal you can bend them back fairly easily by (gently) stepping on the bent areas over a rug or even by using your hands.