The New Mapex Nodal Line Air Flow Venting Scheme gives Saturn a superior feel and just the right amount of resonance. Whether tuning up high for jazz and fusion or down deep for rock-n-roll, the unique Maple and Walnut shell composition, complete with SONIClear™ bearing edges, results in clear and focused toms and a bass drum that sounds bigger than it should.
- The Maple and Walnut hybrid shell produces a strong attack and a rich tone that projects well in live settings and tracks perfectly in the studio. It's the classic Saturn sound.
- Saturn comes standard with Mapex SONIClear™ Bearing Edges allowing for the direct transmission of sound, reducing unwanted frequencies and providing a strong fundamental pitch and an effortless tuning experience especially at lower tunings.
- The static 90 degree floor tom legs with Sonic pedestal feet eliminate the transfer of energy to the floor keeping maximum resonance in the drum.
- Mapex Triple Flanged Power Hoops
- Maple and Walnut Hybrid Shell
- SAS 0 Lacquer Finishes
- Air Flow Venting
- Satin White
- SONIClear™ Tom Suspension